There is no better time to visit Puerto Vallarta than springtime. The area is thronging, with visitors enjoying perfect weather, world-renowned cuisine, and Mexican hospitality. As you look around the city, flora such as Buganvilla, Jacarandas, and Primavera explode into a riot of color and spectacular fluorescence. And it is not just tourists that flock to Vallarta. Thousands of whales visit the bay during their annual migration, displaying a breathtaking spectacle of nature in its purest form.
As well as the stunning natural beauty that beholds Puerto Vallarta, there are also a host of activities that will leave you with a lifetime of fantastic memories. Here are a few of the top picks of things to do in springtime Vallarta:
- Semana Santa: Easter is the most significant event in the Christian calendar and the most anticipated holiday in Mexico. The week-long festivities commemorate Christ’s last days, his crucifixion and resurrection, and see thousands of people descend on the Bay area to witness and take part in the daily processions that celebrate the life of Christ.
- Vallarta Botanical Gardens: Located 15 miles south of Puerto Vallarta, the Vallarta Botanical Gardens is one of the premier attractions in Mexico and has been open to the public since 2005. The sprawling 64-acre site is a stunning nature reserve showcasing the very best of the Mexican countryside. Enjoy jungle trails, river pools, and incredible fauna and flora. Within the garden, there is also a top-class restaurant and gift shop.
- Ice Skating: Puerto Vallarta’s new ice skating rink is situated right on the beach and lets you glide across an artificial glacial lake to enjoy a fleeting glimpse of the frozen north. IcelandBeach PV is open daily from 09:00am – 11:00am.
- Canopy River Tours: A must for outdoor enthusiasts. Canopy River Tours is a pulsating adrenaline rush of ATV, zip-lining, white-water rafting, rappelling, and hiking pursuits. View Vallarta in the distance and pass through Latin America’s longest suspension bridge at 470 meters in length and 150 meters in height. Afterward, enjoy a traditional Mexican meal and mariachi.
- Local Artisan Markets: Traditional artisan markets are situated throughout the bay area and are open on various days year-round.
- Taco Tour: Mexican cuisine is the best in the world, and there is nothing to compare to savoring the delights of a street vendor selling tacos. Book one of the many tours, during the day or at night, and sample some of the best street food that Puerto Vallarta has to offer. Learn about the history of tortillas, how to make them, and the delicious fillings that compliment them.
The Choice Is Yours
Whatever you decide to do, Puerto Vallarta has some of the best activities on offer, and spring is ultimately one of the best times to visit. There is so much to see and do that your biggest problem will be trying to fit it all in. It is also worth remembering that this is a peak time in the tourist calendar, so make sure you have accommodation to match your expectations and book your rental villa in advance using a professional service such as Puerto Vallarta Villas.
Call us today or visit online to see our portfolio of luxury villas and rental apartments.