As a stunning port-city surrounded by the silver-blue waters of the Pacific and the majestic greens of the Sierra Madre mountains, Puerto Vallarta is an art and nature lover’s paradise. Besides the obvious breathtaking scenery, the city is also home to an astounding collection of public street art, sculptures and art galleries.
You can find art in essentially every corner of the city. Though, one of the best ways to get explore and discover fabulous Puerto Vallarta art is by taking a wander down the city’s iconic Malecon boardwalk where you’ll find 12 spectacular statues by various world-renowned artists.
A complete list of the sculptures found on the Malecon:
- The Millenia by Mathis Lidice
- Origin & Destiny by Pedro Tello
- Nostalgia by Jose Ramiz Barquet
- Nature as Mother by Adrián Reynoso
- The Subtle Rock Eater by Jonás Gutiérrez
- The Good Fortune Unicorn by Aníbal Riebeling
- Triton and Mermaid by Carlos Espino
- The Roundabout of the Sea by Alejandro Colunga
- Searching for Reason by Sergio Bustamante
- The Boy on the Seahorse by Rafael Zamarripa
- Angel of Hope by Héctor Manuel Montes
- The Friendship Fountain by James Bottoms
If you’re interested in taking a guided tour of the Malecon sculptures, join in on one of the weekly Vallarta Malecon Sculpture Walking Tour every Tuesday at 9:30 am from November through April. You can meet your guide at The Millenia sculpture next to the Hotel Rosita on the north end of the Malecon.
You can book your stay at a luxury villa in Puerto Vallarta by visiting our rentals page and choosing your favorite property! Discover your home away from home in an unforgettable tropical paradise. Get in touch with us to learn more today!